SHIKHAR YUVA MANCH (SYM) is professionally managed organization . it was initiated in the year 1997 in a response to address issues related to local governance. The members of the SYM were from a youth group who started working together with an objective for bringing social change. Eventually to give it a legal status they registered as a society. The members of the society are all young and committed to the cause of empowerment of the marginalized and minorities. Shikhar Yuva Manch ( SYM) is a leading non governmental organization which works with grass root people, for grass root people aiming at their all-round development emphasizing on children issues in related to education for all and food security. It is a team of young and dynamic youths who are determined to bring social change through the behavior change of people and to change of prospect. SYM is trying to avail the education facilities to the children who are standing in the last of the queue of the society including disable children. And also made efforts to provide sustainable livelihood to the marginalized to ensure food security.
- Registered under Society Registration Act 1973, Registration No. 1983 dated 16-12-1997
- FCRA Registration No. 327480030 dated 31-08-2006
- 12A Registration No. CIT/BSP/Tech/12A/108/05-06 of the Income Tax Act 1961
- 80G Registration No. CIT/BSP/TECH/80G/06/142/2011-12
- TAN No. JBPS10955A
- Niti Ayog Registration No. CG/2017/0159534
Association for Internship and Volunteering
- GGU Central University, Bilaspur (CG)
- NMIMS school of Business Management, Mumbai (We care)
- DLS College, Bilaspur (CG)
- CV Raman University, Kota, Bilaspur (CG)
- Agrasen Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Darri, Korba (CG)
- Matru Seva Sangh Institute for Social Work, Nagpur (MH)
- Symbiosis Law School, Pune (MH)
- NSS IITD, Delhi
- PATANG, (Oddisa)
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
Convergence with Govt Department Chhattisgarh
- Education Department
- Panchayat and rural development
- Forest Department
- Zila and Janpad Panchayat(ZP,JP)
Communities with Whom the Organization is Working
The community with whom SYM is working, are mostly tribal, like Gond, Kanwar, Baiga (PTG) and Pahari Korba(PTG) and marginalized and excluded group. The socioeconomic status is poor and lack of employment facilities, improper reach of Govt. welfare Schemes. Lack of awareness and unorganized people are not sufficient to raise their voice to gain their rights.
- SYM vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity.
- Creation of equal, equitable, self-reliant, progressive and non- violent society.
Plan aims to achieve lasting improvements in the quality of life of deprived children in developing countries, through a process that unites people across cultures and adds meaning and value to their lives, by:
- Enabling deprived children, their families and their communities to meet their basic needs and to increase their ability to participate in and benefit from their societies.
- Building relationships to increase understanding and unity among peoples of different cultures and countries.
- Promoting the rights and interests of the world’s children.
- Work for the most Exploited, Excluded, and Victimized and Marginalized poor people.
- Promotion of the universal human rights.
- Conversation and reasonable consumption of natural resources.
- Love towards our glorious heritage and culture.
Strategy of SYM:
SYM analyses all the problems using a simple rule that “Problem is like a tree, and every tree has its roots”. It assumes reasons for every problem and states that only its effects are visible, not the roots/reasons. So, the first step towards its solution is its understanding, which is done using Problem Analysis.