Improving Access to Health and Education Services
Area of intervention: Korba, Kabhirdham and Sarguja District of Chhattisgarh.
Overall objective: To ensure that the economically disadvantaged communities have Access to free and quality health and education services provided by the government in 30 villages of the intervention area.
Support Agency: TDH (AEI)
- All children of the age group 6-14 are in school and the quality of education improved in all the village schools.
- Increased participation of the SMC in monitoring school activities in the village.
- Women and children have access to nutrition and health services in the Anaganwadi.
- Demand for quality of free health services at PHCs increased in the village.
- Increased demand for employment under MNEREGA in 30 villages.
- 992 children (6-14yrs) are in the school and SMC members in all 30 villages are regularly meeting and visiting the school.
- Children’s participation is facilitated by forming 30 children’s groups and they are trained on child right.
- 1826 children (0-6yrs) and pregnant women have access to quality nutritious food, immunization services, timely treatment and referral of malnourished children.
- Staff and medicine are available at PHCs and timely diagnosis and treatment of patients is done.
- 1588 families are able to get employment for 100 days under MNREGA.
Project goal: To ensure the economically disadvantaged communities have access to free and quality health and education services provided by the government in the intervention area.